The playgrounds are shut and you can't buy handwash
I am feeling very grateful that I don't have young children in this
current state of lockdown, especially now that the playgrounds are
closed!
I took my kids to a playground every day when they were little, and I never once worried about germs on the equipment. Looking back, obviously, there would have been loads of germs all over EVERYTHING! But I didn't really care about germs. I trusted to our immune systems. Now I hold my breath when I walk past people. Packages are being delivered to my house and I wipe down our doorbell after the delivery person drives off, and try not to handle the packaging too much, and wash my hands thoroughly after opening. Remember just opening your package with excitement?
All my life I never wanted to think too much about germs: I felt sure that way madness lay. When we saw comedian Hannah Gadsby live, she talked about cooking with wooden spoons and wooden chopping boards, and said sternly Don't Do It! and I thought well I've cooked every day of my adult life using both those things and it's never made me sick, and I wondered if being the sort of person who worried about germs was exhausting. Now I know, yes it is.
My family have been binge-watching Family Guy which I can see is very funny, but I can't cope with the irritating voices. I have taken to wearing my headphones if I have to be in the same room, also requesting that it gets turned off at the end of the episode if I'm trying to cook.
The garden is sprouting a bit, Jake is taking great care of it all. The turnips are keen growers, so I foresee researching turnip recipes in however long it takes a turnip to grow from seed. Turnips. It looks weird when you type it a few times...
Jake also made a beer bottle windchime.
Jenny and Suse and I have been doing daily online puzzles, such as a guess the movie from the emojis list. I am only reasonable at this game, and let down by my failing eyesight.
Sean beat me at battleships, just!
He has managed a bit of online shopping, but has nowhere to wear his groovy new threads.
We are still assiduously reporting to each other all the adorable doings of Basil, even when this basically amounts to him looking very cute in his sleep. Oh my god cats sleep a LOT. You really see it when you're home all day every day.
We've found many nice things to brighten our daily walks, including a delightful shop-cat.
And all manner of home-made rainbows. This is an online movement where people decorate their windows or pavement with rainbows. The other option is teddy-bears. It's for all the bored children (the ones that can't amuse themselves in playgrounds or with playdates anymore), they can spot the rainbows while out for a walk. It's been rather nice for grown-ups too.



My favourite of the movie emoji game? 💩 💃
ReplyDelete